Friends, now kindly visit http://legalpoint.co.in/ for further posts. Thanks for bearing with me.
MUMBAI: A petition has been filed in the Bombay high court seeking direction to the state government to withdraw geography text books in which Sindh has been replaced in the national anthem with Sindhu. These textbooks were earlier withdrawn following a serious faux pas after Arunachal Pradesh was missing from one of the maps of India. The 16.5 lakhwithdrawn text books had also contained the word Sindhu instead of Sindh.
- SHC dismisses MQM’s petition against Karachi delimitation (dawn.com)
- Sharjeel Memon shouts against Sindh’s Governor Rule threats (thenewstribe.com)
MUMBAI: A sessions court today deferred till June 24 its order on an appeal filed byBollywood actor Salman Khan against a magistrate’s ruling invoking charge of culpable homicide not amounting to murder in the 2002 hit-run-case involving him.
- Hit-and-run case: Verdict on Salman Khan’s plea deferred (ibnlive.in.com)
- Is This the Longest Hit and Run Trial Ever? The Salman Khan Case Continues Today (jaldibharat.wordpress.com)
- Hit-and-run case: Verdict on Salman Khan’s appeal today (ibnlive.in.com)